So you are going out on a big party tonight. Lots of dancing and drinking and chatting with your friends. And you have your makeup kit in your car to touch-up every hour? Why not try to make your makeup last instead? Here are some beauty tips for you.
1. Moisturize. When you were younger, you never knew what moisturizers are for. Do we really need it? Of course, we do! This keeps your skin softer and smoother. Before putting on your makeup, be sure to put some moisturizer first. Massage it to your face as massage stimulates blood to create a natural glow. Wait a few minutes before putting on your make up.
2. Makeup Primer. Putting on a primer after your moisturizer is like waterproofing the skin. It keeps the oil at bay. It makes your skin look flawless for a long time by not making your foundation crack.
3. Shape Thy Brows. The most important part of your facial feature is your eyebrows. It sets the mood of your face, it lifts the eyes, or make the face wide or narrow. Put some eyebrow wax to keep them in place, brush it, and use a pencil. They say you can never go wrong with taupe pencils.
4. Eyeshadow. Your eyes are the window to your soul, so why not prettify them? Putting on eyeshadow is tricky so you have to learn what suits your eye color, or your outfit. You also have to put primer so your shadow won’t crease and fade.
5. Eyeliner. Your eyeliner defines the shape of your eyes. It gives your eyes dramatic look. There are different kinds of liners in the market – pencil, liquid, and gel. Pick the one you can use easily. It also gives an effect of having thicker eyelashes.
6. Two coats of mascara. Mascara has three uses: to darken, lengthen, and thicken the lashes. Putting on too much mascara may create spider lashes. You also have to pick the right one that suits you. Waterproof mascaras are best for whole day wear. It will not melt even if you sweat or cry. However, it is harder to remove compared to a normal mascara.
7. Make Your Lipstick Last. Fill your lips with lip pencil before lipstick. This makes a good foundation for the lipstick so it won’t wear off right away.
8. Right Blush Shade. Blush works two ways – adding color to your cheek and contouring your face. Putting too little will make you look washed out, and putting a lot will make you look like a clown. Finding the right blush is difficult but here are some suggestion: if you are fair skinned, pick light pinks and peaches; if you’re medium skinned, pick rosy pink and dark peaches; if you’re dark skinned, pick rose or dark orange. Gold looks stunning too!
9. Setting your makeup. This may sound complicated but setting your makeup is simply dusting or putting loose powder to your face. There are also makeup setting sprays available in the market which are suitable for oily skin types.
10. Blotting Tissue. If all else fails, you may need your blotting tissue to blot away excess oil and sweat from your face while leaving your makeup nice and intact.
About the author:
Beverly Houston is a blogger with experience in the fashion industry. She enjoys teaching women how to use the Internet for shopping, and looking for beauty products and fashion updates.